Special Events Application
For those seeking to host a special event in the Village of Steger, the organizer must submit the Application Form either by filling in the form below or by printing the Special Events Application and dropping off a completed version at Village Hall.
The following items must be submitted with every special event license application:
- An original letter of authorization from the owner(s) of the property where the special event is to occur, authorizing the use of the property for the event.
- A site layout plan for the event and/or a map of the route to be traveled.
- A written description of the planned role & responsibilities of volunteers, if any.
- A written description and map of the traffic control & parking plan.
- An emergency response plan for weather, medical and other emergencies, which shall include but not be limited to an early warning system, a communications plan, an evacuation plan, shelter locations, first aid center, and provision for emergency medical staff.
- An event security & safety plan for both during the event and overnight as appropriate.
- A post-even clean-up plan.
- A lighting plan, including the type of lights to be used, their locations, power source, and measures to be taken to protect adjacent properties from light spillover.
- A sound control plan, including the hours during which music will be played, the location and direction of any proposed amplifiers, and measures to be taken to minimize the impact on adjacent properties.
- A description of any proposed food, drink or alcoholic beverage preparation or sales.
- A written explanation of requested Village services, if any (traffic control, installation of crowd control fencing, setting up street barriers, etc.)
- Completed applications for other applicable permits and/or licenses including but not limited to, liquor licenses, whether required by the Village, County, or any other regulatory agency.
- Evidence of public liability insurance in an amount determined appropriate by the Village Administrator or designee.
- Description of restroom facilities. Restroom facilitates as deemed appropriate by the Village shall be provided for events longer than two (2) hours in duration.
- An original signed reimbursement of fees agreement in a form provided by the Village Administrator or designee.
- Any additional information which the Village Administrator or designee shall find reasonably necessary to a fair determination as to whether a special event license should be issued.
NOTE: If the Village Administrator or designee determines that notice to Village residents and businesses is necessary, the applicant shall provide written notification to adjacent residents and businesses at least two (2) weeks in advance of any proposed street and/or parking lot closures.