The Community Center is always interested in hearing from residents as to what programs they are interested in and would participate in if it were offered. Please feel free to contact us during business hours and provide your valued input!
- The community center is now on Facebook. Like our page here.
- Community Center Hours effective June 1 – August 31: Community Center Closes at 7 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Winter hours begin September 1.
- Community Center Summer Closings
- Saturday, May 20 and Sunday May 21 for Cub Scout Camporee
- Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29 closed for Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4 closed for Independence Day
- Saturday, September 2 through Monday, September 4 for Labor Day
- Steger Recreation – football and cheer — Steger Storm is registering now. FREE CAMP Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays June 19-28, 6-8 p.m. at Veterans Park. Football – ages 5 through14 (up to 175 lbs.); Cheer – grades Kindergarten through 8. Fees: Steger Residents — $145 returning participant; $155 new participant; Non-Residents — $155 returning; $165 new. Community Center accepts registration forms and fees. Stop by during business hours. For more information call Rick at 708-753-5240.
- Summer Kids Club at the Community Center starts June 12 through August 7 (no club on July 3). Kids Club meets on Mondays from 1-3 p.m. A $30 cash fee covers eight weeks of games, activities, and food for children Kindergarten through 5th grade. For more information, call the Louis Sherman Community Center at 708-709-0288.
- Line Dancing Tuesday mornings 10-11:15 a.m. $4 per time or an 8-week session for $24. See below flyer
- Active Kids Camp begins June 15 through August 3 Thursdays 1-2 p.m. Fun and exercise with
Kelly. Minimum enrollment 10 participants to have this program. Pre-registration and payment of $30 cash is required. See Flyer below
- Active Kids Camp
- Line Dancing
- After School Club
- Kids in Motion
- Kids’ Activities
- Adult Activities
- Adult Fitness Classes
- Over 50 Club – 1st and 3rd Thursday @ 6 PM – 8 PM (Bingo!)
- TOPS – Wednesday @ 9 AM – 11 AM
- Pinochle Club – 2nd and 4th Wednesday @ 12:30 – 3 PM
- Historical Society is taking a summer break
- AM Aerobics – Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 8 – 9 AM
- Pilates & Yoga – Fridays @ 8 – 9 AM
- Step n Tone – Tuesdays @ 6 -7 PM
- All Around Fitness – Mondays & Wednesdays @ 6:30 – 7:30 PM