Eligible Veterans in need of a helping hand and qualify can receive assistance for:

  • Transportation for new hires
  • Mortgage or rent
  • Utilities emergency assistance
  • Food assistance
  • Referrals for Cook County Works employment training programs
  • AMVETS CODE Career Center access for career development
  • Filing assistance for Chapter 33 Post 911 GI Bill Educational Benefits
  • Filing assistance for VA Benefit claim forms for compensation and pension, diseases or injuries incurred or aggravated in the line of duty

Read the full flyer here


  • Robert D. Beard says:

    I need assistance in a utility service matter with the village.Can I talk to someone buy phone? My number 708 756-4330

    • villageofsteger says:

      Hi Robert – please call Village Hall at (708) 754-3395 or the Public Works office at (708) 755-3888. We also want you to know that your comment is public and everyone who visits this page will be able to see your phone number – some folks may be uncomfortable with that.

      Thanks for the comment, Robert. Let us know how we can help.

  • Ernest Scott says:

    Hello, I’m a Veteran looking for rental Assistant for my new apt, I just relocated from Minnesota..My contact number is: 952-201-9695

    • villageofsteger says:

      Hi Ernest, please use the VAC’s contact information in the post to get help. Not sure you want your phone number on a public forum like this! Welcome to Steger!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *