Important Trick or Treating Safety Tips (click on title for full article)
5 Simple Safety Tips for “Trick or Treating” tonight.
Trick or treat hours within the Village of Steger are 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Parents and all residents need to be watchful tonight and report any suspicious people or activities.
- Stay with your kids wherever they go, or instruct the kids stay in groups.
- Know where the kids are going ahead of time and try to stick to neighborhoods you know are safe.
- Bring a flashlight and/or add some type of reflective material especially if the kids are wearing dark colored costumes, so drivers can see them.
- Make sure kids can see in their costume. Don’t run across streets without checking for cars.
- Check your kids candy before eating.
Have a safe Halloween!